Our services > Training & facilitation
Assertive communication & giving effective feedback
Mitigating conflict caused by poor communication
Assertive communication is an invaluable skill that can be used in all aspects of life, and critical in resolving conflicts. An organisation with skilled communicators will have fewer conflicts and earlier resolution to those that arise. In this workshop, participants work on ‘real and relevant’ situations to develop practical skills.
Participants will gain:
- An understanding of the different types of communication from passive, assertive, aggressive.
- The ability to reflect on their approach and the approach of others in various situations.
- How to deal with assumptions about other people and how it affects communication.
- A variety of ways of being direct and giving effective feedback.
- Approaches for being tough, without being seen as a bully.
- Skills for managing difficult people and dealing with complex situations.
- An insight into how assertiveness skills can support in engaging creative contention and resolving destructive conflict early.
- Effective ways to move awkward situations forward.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to set boundaries and present clear messages.
- Insight into how assumptions can affect our communication approach.
- Understanding and practical application of the language of assertiveness.
- A plan of action to take out of the programme, where they know they will practice and areas for further development.
- Lean how to establish a climate of cooperation regardless of people's communication approaches.
- The opportunity to role play with conflict resolution experts who will challenge and engage participants to apply their newly acquired skills and behaviours.