Our services > Training & facilitation
Bullying & harassment awareness
Understanding and overcoming bullying
Bullying and harassment is in no-one’s interest and should not be tolerated in the workplace. Once a formal complaint of bullying has been made, it is extremely difficult to restore working relations, and the cost can be high.
This introduction enables participants to understand the fundamentals of workplace bullying and harassment. Participants will learn skills to overcome bullying in the workplace, and to effectively and appropriately respond when threatened or confronted with such a situation.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognise various types, and the symptoms of, bullying behaviour in the workplace.
- Transform strategic information into a successful action plan.
- Develop a plan to effectively spot and stop bullying patterns.
- Appropriately respond to bullying and aggressive behaviour.
- Understand the impact bullying and harassment has on individuals, groups and on an organisation
- Identify the indicators of bullying problems.
- List the differences between bullying and harassment.
- Identify the elements needed for a follow-up plan when bullying has occurred.
- Define workplace bullying.
- Understand what is performance management v’s what is bullying.
- Promote a healthy workplace.
- Deal with the aftermath of a bullying complaint.
- Develop guidelines for victims.
- Identify the source of the problem.
- How to research and document the problem.
- Apply appropriate communication techniques within the organisation.
- Identify the relevant legislation and organisational policy and process.