Our services > Training & facilitation
Conflict resolution skills
A practical, skills development workshop
Participants will learn to resolve conflict more effectively by understanding what conflict really is and how to prevent it from taking on a life of its own.
They will work on 'real and relevant' situations, in which they discover new approaches to formulate an effective action plan for preventing conflict and establishing a climate of cooperation, regardless of peoples differences and needs.
Includes role play as an opportunity to reinforce new skills.
Participants will gain:
- An understanding of the nature of conflict and its causes.
- Skills on how to engage creative contention and resolve destructive conflict early.
- A practical guide on how to approach unresolved conflict.
- Recognition of unique preferences and behaviours when working in a team.
- Ways to adapt their style to improve their management of conflict situations.
- An appreciation of what different behaviours may look like when under stress, and how people of diverse styles react differently to conflict.
- Awareness of what unresolved conflict can cost an organisation.
- Discover a non-threatening way to communicate preferences and discuss differences.
- An understanding of how their own and others behaviours may be interpreted in different ways.
- Insight into how ineffective process can lead to unresolved conflict escalating. An appreciation of how to prevent negative conflict.
- An appreciation of the role of mediation in resolving difficult conflicts.
Insight into how ineffective process can lead to unresolved conflict escalating.
- The opportunity to role play with conflict resolution experts who will challenge and engage participants to apply their newly acquired skills and behaviours.
- An understanding of different personality styles and associated conflicts (full day workshop).
- Proficiency in using effective behaviours to gather information about conflicts (full day workshop).
- Improved face to face communication and rapport building skills (full day workshop).
- Tips on how to deal effectively with feelings and defensive reactions (full day workshop).