Our services > Training & facilitation
Effective Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
Preventing threats to safety
This workshop gives participants enhanced skills and techniques to proactively identify and manage hazards, as well as increase their ability to rationalise risks. This is a highly interactive workshop and will involve the participants using relevant examples.
Participants will leave the workshop with an action plan on how to improve their safety and the safety of others.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe the difference between hazards and risks.
- Identify hazards proactively.
- Discuss the threats to safety in their workplace and explain how they impact on hazards.
- Model hazards and demonstrate how they can be predictable.
- Understand and assign risk ratings to hazards in their workplace using risk matrices.
- Develop and enhance workplace specific risk matrices.
- Workshop benefits.
Key Topics Covered
- Basic overview of the OHS legislation as it relates to Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
- Where Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment fit within an organisation's Safety Management System.
- How to undertake Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment proactively.
- Defining hazards, risks and understanding the links of each to safety in their particular workplace.
- Risk matrices to use to and develop to understand and categorise risk better.
- How to ensure effective feedback to decision makers to ensure action is taken in key areas.
- How to identify and rate the less obvious hazards.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment policies.