Our services > Training & facilitation
A practical, skills development workshop
Employees are not told what to do anymore. Now, you need to engage your team and assist them in reaching their goals. You do not direct; you win the team over to your point of view. You do not dictate; you inspire and empower!
Our program focuses on adaptive leadership, in that leadership is a practice, not a position, and is best used in situations without known solutions, that is, the practice of rallying people to tackle tough challenges and flourish. It is a ‘distributed leadership’ model, which means leadership can be displayed by people across an organisation, not only by those in senior positions or management roles.
- Learn what 'leadership' means, and what the role of the leader entails. We'll investigate what makes teams successful, and the leader's role in the team's success.
- Explore methods of developing and empowering people to practice the skills needed to become an engaging leader that creates confident, inspired, empowered, and enthusiastic teams.
- Discover how to lead themselves and how to create an impression that matches intent.
- Determine their authentic leadership style by gaining insight into the indirect control, or influence, they have over colleagues and the results of the team.
- Learn the value of diversity, how to leverage off varied teams, and what a team needs in order to function successfully.
- Understand that effective communication is the cornerstone of successful leaders.
- Appreciate how to empower employees, and their role in inspiring people to perform at their greatest potential.
- Discover the meaning of 'situational leadership', and how to employ various styles of leadership for developing and supporting your people.
- Discuss what 'coaching' means, and techniques for successful coaching.
- Clarify the distinction between extrinsic and intrinsic rewards, and consider ways of maximising the perception of both.
- Advance principles for effective goal setting.
- Understand appropriate risk taking approaches for certain situations.
- Learn how to manage and embrace conflict to support effective change.
This corporate training program will teach you how to make the distinction between managing and leading and when to use each skill. Management is best used for technical challenges, problems routine and complex, where the solution can be found provided you have access to people with the appropriate expertise. Management is about coping with complexity, while leadership is about coping with adaptive challenges that require adaptive change. Adaptive challenges are those where there is a gap between aspirations and operational capacity that cannot be closed by the expertise and procedures currently in place. This means that adaptive challenges require a different form of leadership behaviour. Adaptive leaders do not provide the answers and accept that a degree of imbalance is needed to sustain adaptive change.
We will use an active learning approach to solving real problems that involves taking action and reflecting upon the results, which helps improve the problem-solving process, as well as the solutions developed. You will be tasked with bringing a real problem to the program that you will work through with a team throughout the workshop. Our skilled facilitators will support you through a continued improvement process by:
- Analysing a critical and complexproblem;
- Developing a problem solving technique;
- Evolving a process that promotes inquiry and reflection;
- Turn ideas into action and ultimately a solution to the problem.
During the training, participants will gain a foundation of understanding about the principles and practices of leadership. These insights will enhance participants' capabilities and confidence, enabling them to be effective leaders. We will support you to engage a culture of innovation, by challenging the status quo and expanding your networks.
To find out more
Contact Liz Kelly on 1300 971 805 or email email@example.com